Soil Remediation and Lead Fixation Case Study
A developer near Detroit, MI wanted to redevelop a property with an ideal location for a freezer and cold storage warehouse. The only problem was the site used to be a junk yard and had high levels of lead contamination over a large portion of the site. This is associated with areas that lead-acid batteries were crushed inside cars and were left to drain and required lead fixation action.
Some soil was disposed off-site as D008 waste at great expense, but when a significant area required a large undercut for structural reasons, the disposal costs were threatening the viability of the project.
The contractor sought a lead fixation solution for his problem. Watch the video for the answer that
saved $1.4 million in disposal cost.
Soil Remediation With Blastox® 215
- Used on thousands of tons of heavy metal contaminated soil
- Long-term stability
- Applied at low does rates
- Waste always remains stable
- Save you time and money making soil non-hazardous
- Protect the environment from contamination
- More information here: Blastox® 215