Lead paint was banned for use in housing in 1978. Along with the US, many other countries have placed bans on the use of all lead paint in housing and industrial painting since. The hazards of the paint have been known since 1800s but was used because of its flexibility and longevity. After many cases of illness was coming out in children and adults, lead-based paint was put on the map as a hazardous material.
Before banning lead paint, the industrial use of it was a huge concern.
- There was no defined difference in industrial coatings to architectural/decorative coatings.
- There was no way to know if it was being used in homes, schools or hospitals
- Furniture, toys and other consumer products were being coated in the same paint
- Workers were exposed to hazardous levels of lead paint in the application and removal process on industrial structures
- Water towers
- Lead leeching into soil from weather corrosion of the industrial structures and road paint
Before there were regulations put into the industrial removal and use of lead paint, it was a huge problem. Many blasting projects being done on removing the paint didn’t have any kind of containment so all the dust particles were being spread across the air. Until they started containment and the use of products like Blastox®, this was a huge issue.
Lead Paint and Health Problems
- Paint from before 1978
- Toys and households painted before 1976
- Pipes and sink faucets
- Soil polluted by run off
- Jewelry and pottery
- Along with a long list of things
- Abdominal pain
- Aggressive behavior
- Sleep problems
- High blood pressure
For more symptoms and problems read this article: http://www.healthline.com/
After years of these issues going on, we decided to make a stop to the madness. That is when Blastox® and Bantox® was brought to light and used in:
- Lead paint abatement
- Soil remediation
- Foundries waste stabilization.
It is a chemically base product that allows for the stabilization of heavy metals like lead and others to a non-hazardous waste. This not only allows the waste to be disposed as non-hazardous but it protects the environment and the people from contamination.
Blastox® for one step lead abatement click here: Lead Abatement
Blastox® for soil remediation click here: Soil Remediation
Bantox® for foundry waste click here: Industrial Waste
For more information call us at 847-639-1114
More information at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/